Explore our shared value income model, and how we invest for maximum ESG impact
At the Maxwell Consulting Group, we care about investing, but not solely for a financial return. We re-invest at least 25% of our net income (so after salaries and expenses are paid) back into companies, initiatives, scholarships, and investments that kick some ass for good.
Impact Investing: investments that have a clearly defined intentionality for achieving a measurable impact (net positive impact) while at the same time targeting financial returns that at least preserve the principal.
SRI (Socially Responsible Investing): investments considered socially responsible due to the nature of the business the company conducts. For example, investing in companies with strong human rights frameworks or selling products/services that enhance positive outcomes for communities.
ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) Investing: investing in companies that score highly on environmental and societal responsibility scales as determined by third-party, independent companies and research groups.
HOW WE INVEST
THE VIOLINI SCHOLARSHIP FUND
- The Violini Scholarship Fund is in memorial of Iolanda Violini (May 7, 1931-December 18, 2021), the beloved grandmother of our founder, Larissa Maxwell.
- Scholarships are offered through two organizations- The Salvation Army Illuminate and the UBC Sauder School of Business- to support education related expenses for self-identified women who have lived experience of poverty, abusive relationships, exploitation, human trafficking, single motherhood, and/or limited access to education.
- To learn more, or make a secure, online tax-receiptable donation, click here.
ADDITIONAL PURPOSE-DRIVEN INVESTMENTS
Principles for Responsible Investing
Responding to regulation, client demands, and materiality, we engage Principles for Responsible Investment (a United Nations supported network) in our investment decisions, including companies and organizations who engage SRI/ESG foundational considerations, and ESG improvements.
We provide one-time financial backing for small startups, entrepreneurs, and organizations who are seeking to bring to market products, services, and business practices that we think kick some ass for good. In return- we ask for ESG focused metrics.
ESG Investment Portfolios
We encourage our partners and staff to invest in Fossil Fuel Free, SRI, and ESG focused portfolios for their personal and retirement focused investments. Our leadership team currently invests 100% in ESG portfolios.
WHAT ARE IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR IMPACT INVESTING?
1. Climate change
2. Resource depletion
6. Land Sacredness
1. Human rights
2. Modern slavery
3. Child labour
4. Working conditions
5. Decision making and shared power
6. Employee relations
7. Safe mechanisms for accountability
1. Bribery and corruption
2. Executive pay and gender equity
3. Board diversity and structure
4. Political lobbying and donations
5. Tax strategy
6. Innovation and sustainable solutions
If you are interested to grow your own Impact Investing Strategy, we suggest a few areas to start your research;
Responsible Investment Association of Canada
Speak to your financial advisor to discover what Socially Responsible Investments/ESG Investment Portfolios are available.